I know, you’re a VERY BUSY person…. Really, I know, you are “super busy” and don’t have enough time to watch a video that is almost an hour long yet has the information and insight that is very likely to transform your life.
I get it… sort of.
Guess what my friend, BUSY is just another form of LAZY.
I just heard you say, “WHAT!?” “Did he just call me lazy?”
Listen, if you’re too busy then what you’re really saying is your just too LAZY to identify the most important things in your life. There is a great “Law” of efficiency that Brian Tracy talks about (he’s funny that way because so many things are “Laws” and he has what seems to be about 100 different laws). Having said that, the man is spot on.
The Law of Forced Efficiency states, “You never have enough time to do everything, but you ALWAYS have enough time to accomplish the most important things.”
I’m going to repeat that last part because it’s SO important, “you ALWAYS have enough time to accomplish the most important things.”
So you say, “They are ALL Important” well, if that is the case then you have another “challenge”. The first part is to understand the Effectiveness Quadrants as taught be Stephen Covey and the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Check out this chart (below) and makes sure you understand it! The UPPER RIGHT, known as quadrant #2 is for: Preparation, Prevention, Values clarification, Planning, Relationship Building, True recreation, Empowerment. Right there in Q2 is TRAINING, LEARNING, SHARPENING THE SAW (ie; this VIDEO!)
If you’re “too busy” you living in Q1. Crises mode! Find time/MAKE time for Q2 Today, you can being with this video! ; )
I absolutely love the above video, get out a pad of paper and a pen and start taking notes. Consider this your quadrant 2 exercise for the day. Don’t think about it, don’t put it off, MAKE the time now and sharpen the saw.
Here are just a few gems:
- Nothing changes until you change
- Set a better sail – don’t hope for a better wind
- Invest first – spend later
- Develop a different financial philosophy
- Attitude and money
- How to spend every dollar
- Importance of keeping a journal
- Two incredible personal development book
- Purpose (the real purpose) of goals
- Work harder on yourself than you do on your business (sounds a lot like what is said in the 3 C’s of Succcess) Recall, the Mitch W. Steel Classic, “You are working SMARTER when you are working HARDER on your CHARACTER.” (I have to give me some props) I was very pleased to hear Jim say that!
- YOU change and everything changes
MUCH more… (your job is to watch, write & learn!)
BTW: Final thoughts here…( i think) I will review the website analytics for this post in particular in say a month. With that info I’ll be able to determine how many people (what %) actually watched the entire video. Do you care to venture a guess? My guess is it’ll be less than 5% (closer to 3% maybe even less). What’s fascinating about that of course is it’s the same 3% that believe in themselves, that set and achieve their goals. The same 3% who are striving to create their ideal future with persistence, faith and hard work. The other 97% well, they are looking for shortcuts or, sadly, they don’t believe they have what it takes. I hope I’m wrong and surprised by the numbers.
No related posts.